Helix Disc Filters
Helix Disc Filters are mechanical filters ideal for filtering sediment and soft fibrous material such as algae, bugs and other light solid waste. Color coded disc's
are available in a variety of micron sizes.
Body- Contains one inlet and two outlets enabling the filter to be installed at either 90 or 180
degrees. The body contains inlet/outlet pressure gauge ports (pressure gauges optional) which monitor the pressure differential across the filter.
Closure- 316 stainless steel, strong and reliable quick release clamp assembly.
Discs- The three-dimensional filter discs are ideal
for filtering sediment as well as algae.
Lid- The lid is injection-molded, using an incredibly strong polyamide material. The centrifugal action
created by the
helix-elements spirals heavier particles down to the bottom of the filter. The particles are then flushed, either manually or automatically,
from the ¾" flush port.
How It Works
- Solids laden water enters the filter housing through the inlet connection.
- Dirty water passes through the helix-element, the water starts to spin at a high velocity. This centrifugal action spins the particles away from the disc media, minimizing manual cleaning frequency.
- As particles are spun down to the base of the filter, they are flushed via the ¾" female threaded flush port.
- The dirty water passes from the outside to the inside of the discs. The grooves, molded into the surface of the three-dimensional discs, trap the remaining contaminates in the water.
- After passing through the discs, the filtered water flows upward and exits the filter through one or both of the outlets. A threaded cap is provided to seal one of the outlets if both ports are not required.